Thursday, October 11, 2007

rare astrological phenomenon? me?

This is like the 4th person telling me this week that I am being missed. First it was Dev, then two of the clients that I'd worked with in Toronto.

One of them said "Miss having you around man, When are you back to Toronto?" Yeah, I have this incredible inborn ability to invoke brotherly affection and love among ladies whom I interact with . Isn't it really something?

And today another colleague of mine says "yaar yehan aa jao (dear friend, come back) , its getting very boring here"

I think I am in the middle of a rare astrological event or something? Or may be they do genuinely miss having me around.. whatever..

I should take an LOA for an year and go to the Himalayas.. Rare astrological events cause great spiritual awakening and I could come back and start a spiritual movement, change my name to Swami Swaroopananda..hmm.. that will sell

According to me, three things sell the best - spirituality, security and sex.

People often don't have a clear understanding of what spirituality means and something that they can only fantasize about intrigues and fascinates them. It is the same premise for religious extremism as well as commercial spirituality. A young suicide bomber thinks that he will be rewarded with a beautiful virgin once he reach God's presence - power of a promised reward. Commercial spirituality sells the idea of feling good about yourself. But aren't you already unique and special to someone, shouldn't you be already feeling good about it?

Politicians and Corporations alike have utilized man's feeling of insecurity to their advantage. How many wars were fought on the pretext of having a secured nation? How many products were sold with the undisclosed theme of expoliting someone's insecurity? I think countless.

Sex - Do I really need to say something? Scientists say an average man will think about sex as often as once a minute (nope, I haven't counted, have you?). An average woman will think of sex much less often, as infrequently as once every one or two days (No, I haven't asked either).

So essentially what I am saying is - I am not cruel enough to exploit insecurity, I am no Brad Pitt. So spirituality is the only option left, and I am capable of making people feel good or atleast confuse them so much that they forget about the problem that they started with. Makes sense? Think about it.

But seriously, stop counting now. I know it's bothering you, but scientists also said your great great great great......... grand dad was a monkey. But you didn't start jumping across trees and scratching your friend's back after hearing that? Did you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Swaroop... I thnk u should write like ....

' According to me, three ' S ' sells the best - Spirituality, Security, Sex and Swaroop... '

Ha Ha juz kidding.... keep going... ur thoughts r getting better day by day....